As early as September, you'll enjoy the start to Kentucky's brilliant fall foliage season. These stunning pops of red, orange, and yellow will gradually work their way down the mountains and to the western reaches of the state, and will reach their peak sometime during mid-late October. Sometimes, fall foliage season extends all the way into November. Hiking and biking are two of our favorite ways to witness fall's colorful displays, but scenic drives through the countryside can be a visually rewarding as well. Here are just a few our favorite ways you can marvel in the vibrant hues of fall in Kentucky when you stay at one of our member Bed and Breakfasts this fall:
- A Scenic Drive through Daniel Boone National Forest. At the northern end of this popular stretch of hardwood, you'll find the stunning Red River Gorge and the Zilpo Scenic Byway. These are both an absolute must during peak fall-foliage season.
- Travel Kentucky by rail on the Big South Fork Scenic Railway.
- Stroll through the incredible trails at Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest. Colorful fall displays from a variety of trees, including maples, dogwoods, magnolias, conifers, cypresses, hollies, beeches and buckeyes will delight your senses.
- Drive (or ride) through the rolling hills of Kentucky's horse country, just outside of Lexington. Fall color will surround you everywhere you go, and the rolling hills and farms dotting the landscapes will provide the perfect background for your fall adventures.
- Hike the Cumberland Falls, and enjoy the fall colors as you go. On a clear day, you'll see the "Moonbow" at the falls.
- Explore the fall colors at one of Kentucky's incredible state parks. Only in your state has a list of the 10 best state parks for fall colors across the state. Above those places mentioned above, it includes Boone Cliffs, Cherokee Park, Lake Cumberland, Cumberland Gap National Historic Park, Mammoth Cave National Park, Tom Sawyer Park, Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, Buckley Wildlife Sanctuary, and Pennyrile Forest State Park.
No matter where or how you choose to enjoy fall foliage in Kentucky, do so knowing you have the comfort of Kentucky's finest Bed and Breakfasts to go home to. We specialize in the warm hospitality and adventurous spirit you expect from Kentucky. Once you've found
a Bed and Breakfast you like, book your fall getaway to beautiful Kentucky today!