Staying at a Bed and Breakfast can be the perfect alternative to traditional hotels and vacation rentals. From amenities offered to cost and location, Bed and Breakfasts offer many benefits and attractions that can't always be found elsewhere. For example, many Bed and Breakfasts are situated in historic homes, each with their own unique sense of character, period furnishings, and marvelous architecture. Moreover, Bed and Breakfasts are typically situated off main thoroughfares, offering you a glimpse into the region other travelers might miss. If you need more convincing, here are 8 more reasons to consider staying at a Bed and Breakfast the next time you travel:
- Most of the time, you'll enjoy cost savings. Many Bed and Breakfasts offer rates that are competitive with and more affordable than traditional hotels and comparable AirBnB properties. Calling the Inn is always the best way to secure their best rate.
- Breakfast is always included in the price of your stay, and it's not just a stale hotel breakfast, either. There's nothing better than waking up to a fresh breakfast, made with local ingredients and enjoyed around a table with friends, both new and old.
- Bed and Breakfasts are often designed with romance in mind, and most Inns offer romantic packages and extra amenities to make your stay even better.
- Innkeepers specialize in individualized service. Innkeepers often act as the receptionist, the chef, the concierge, the cleaning service, and the bell hop all rolled into one. Not only that, but their local knowledge is incomparable.
- The amenities are as good as, if not better than, traditional hotels and AirBnB's. Many Bed and Breakfasts offer complimentary ‘extras' as well, such as afternoon wine and cheese, games to play, and so on.
- Bed and Breakfasts are also perfect for staycations! Sometimes you just need a night away from the daily grind of life. If you do not have the budget or time to travel, a local Inn is a great alternative. You get a romantic evening away, individualized attention, maybe a little pampering, and hopefully insight into your local community.
- You are supporting a small business. These small business owners spend their days and nights providing service to their customers, and the best reward for their blood, sweat and tears is when you select their property for your stay, especially as a repeat customer.
- Finally, there are often specials and packages available when booking directly with a Bed and Breakfast that you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else.
We hope the next time you plan to getaway, you will forgo booking at an AirBnB or vacation rental property, and will instead choose to support our hardworking innkeepers and their local economies by staying at any one of our member Bed and Breakfasts. If there's one thing our collection of Inns do better than everywhere else, it's hospitality. We look forward to sharing that with you the next time you visit us in Kentucky! Book your getaway today.