Home > Innkeepers Section > Aspiring Innkeepers
- Press Releases
- Annual Conferences
- Aspiring Innkeepers
- Join BBAK
- Green Lodging
- Inns for Sale
- BBAK Classifieds
- Associate Members
We invite you to consider membership in BBAK...
What Is BBAK?
· Our highly esteemed family of nearly 30 Bed & Breakfast Inns is popular with discerning travelers who are looking for a very personal and unique hospitality experience.
· Our member inns enjoy a wealth of benefits though their association with BBAK.
· Our criteria and quality standards for membership set the stage for our unparalleled level of Quality Accommodations and Guest Satisfaction.
· BBAK Leadership is based on the following:
o Guided and supported by individual innkeepers - regular members of BBAK
o Communications through Regional Representatives
o Governed by a Volunteer Board of Directors
Membership Criteria for Inn Members:
- Breakfast is included in the price of the room
- Provide evidence of business license/use permit/occupancy permit, liability insurance, and payment of State Sales Tax, Applicable Local Taxes, and Transient Room Tax
- Provide high standards of housekeeping
- Interior & Exterior of Property Well Maintained
- Meet all requirements for guest safety and comfort
- Distribute the BBAK Member Directory/Frequent Stay Program to departing guests
- Display the BBAK logo on the property's website and related marketing material
- Annually Maintain the BBAK Quality Standards Guidelines
BBAK Membership Benefits:
- Listing on the BBAK Website AND Exposure via Mobile Site: www.kentuckybb.com
- Listing on the BBAK iphone App
- Receive timely email broadcasts with Helpful Tips & Information
- Social Media Exposure: BBAK's Blog, Facebook, and Twitter
- Exposure Opportunities in BBAK's Quarterly Press Releases
- Exposure to Frequent B&B Travelers: Quarterly E-Newsletter
- Advertising Discount in Kentucky Travel Guide (Print & Online)
- Business Referrals from Fellow Members
- Industry Representation with...
- Department of Tourism
- State Legislature of Kentucky
- KY Travel Industry Association
- KY Hotel & Lodging Association
- KY Dept of Agriculture & Agritourism (Farm Stays)
- Discount on conference registration and annual meeting
- Inclusion in BBAK’s Gift Certificate AND Frequent Stay Programs
- Opportunity for cost-share marketing advertising opportunities
- Member services discounts on a variety of products
- Information on vendors such as credit card processors, insurance, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in Reciprocal Lodging with other Member Inns
- Mentorship of all new members & Lasting Friendships with Fellow Innkeepers
- Regional Socials with opportunities for small group discussions and networking
- Dual Membership in PAII (Professional Association of Innkeeper’s International)
- Educational & Professional Growth Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities to help support & advance the organization
And above all, the knowledge all inns and members are inspected and approved by a professional organization with high quality standards.
These are the current forms a new BBAK Member will need to complete and return to the Membership Chairman listed on the form.
To open a pdf file, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
If you do not, you may click here to download it for free.