Valentines Day is just around the corner, and love is in the air. We think February is the perfect time to get in touch with your inner romantic! In honor of Valentines Day this year, we thought it would be fun to take a look at all of the wonderful and romantic activities Kentucky has in store for you, and why it makes such a perfect honeymoon destination or romantic getaway. From the rolling hills of Bluegrass Country to the rugged mountains of the east, the picturesque backdrop of Kentucky is the perfect place for romance. No matter how you choose to spend your time, let your romantic getaway begin at one of our spectacular member Bed and Breakfasts. Browse our selection of Inns today, and book your stay at the Inn that speaks to you most.
Kentucky’s Most Romantic Places
Whether you tour the entire state or stick to one small area when here, there’s no doubt that you’ll enjoy Kentucky’s hospitality and love of adventure. Though there are more fun and romantic activities than we could possibly mention, here are some of most romantic places for you to consider:
- Outdoor lovers will love the range of hiking and natural spaces across the state. Popular hiking destinations include the Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest, the Daniel Boone National Forest, the Red River Gorge, the Cumberland Gap, and the Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area.
- Take a sunset cruise on the Ohio River aboard the Belle of Louisville.
- Discover the picturesque beauty of the majestic Cumberland Falls, the second-largest waterfall east of the Mississippi.
- Enjoy the stunning views from the waterfront walking bridge in Louisville.
- Take a hot air balloon ride, and revel in the stunning scenery below.
- Travel back in time and enjoy the historic architecture in Covington. Once there, peruse the Main Strasse Village District, where you’ll find excellent shopping, horse-drawn carriage rides, the Roebling Suspension Bridge which is perfect for an evening stroll, and wonderful restaurants along the Ohio River.
- If you love horses or horse racing, Kentucky is the place for you. Watch the races at Keeneland Race Track, stroll through the Kentucky Derby Museum, visit a legendary horse farm and/or the Kentucky Horse Park, and arrange to take a horseback ride into Kentucky’s scenic hillsides. It won’t take you long to realize why these majestic, spirited animals are symbolic of all Kentucky holds dear.
- Tuck yourselves into the secluded, romantic hills of the Appalachian Mountains, where you’ll be free to live joyfully in the moment.
- Enjoy the picturesque settings as you sip and swirl your way through Kentucky’s wine country.
- Take in a sunset or go star-gazing at the top of Iroquois Park Hill just outside of Lousville.
As always, your romantic getaway to Kentucky will begin with the warm hospitality you’d expect from our member Inns. How you spend the rest of your tie is up to you. Whether you’re looking for something cozy and rustic or luxurious and modern, you’ll find your perfect home away from home amongst our member Inns. Book your romantic getaway to Kentucky today!