Are you planning your next weekend getaway, and are you tired of finding the same old thing in place after place? Before you start looking through popular hotel chains near your next destination, try booking a bed and breakfast instead. You can stay in a beautiful room, at the home of someone who knows the area inside and out. Only at a local Bed and Breakfast will you have a truly distinctive experience, reflective of your destination.
There’s no doubt that Kentucky is filled with opportunities for adventure and exploration. Once you’re here, it’s fairly easy to fill an itinerary with a variety of exciting things to see and do. However, we also know when it comes to choosing lodging, price matters. So why, exactly, should you choose to book your next vacation with our Member Bed and Breakfasts, and how do you know you’re getting the best deal possible?
Why Stay at a Bed and Breakfast?
Staying at a Bed and Breakfast is the perfect alternative to traditional hotels. From amenities offered to cost and location, most of Kentucky’s Bed and Breakfasts offer many benefits and attractions that big hotel chains don’t offer. For example, many of Kentucky’s Bed and Breakfasts are situated in historic homes, each with their own unique sense of character, period furnishings, and marvelous architecture. Here are 8 simple reasons why you should choose a Bed and Breakfast over a hotel the next time you visit us in Kentucky:
- Most of the time, you’ll enjoy cost savings. Many of Kentucky’s Bed and Breakfasts offer rates that are competitive with and more affordable than traditional hotels.
- Breakfast is always included in the price of your stay. There’s nothing better than waking up to a fresh breakfast, made with local ingredients and enjoyed around a table with friends, both new and old.
- Bed and Breakfasts are more romantic than traditional hotels. Most rooms are created with romance in mind, and most Inns offer romantic packages and extra amenities to make your stay even better.
- Innkeepers specialize in individualized service. When you stay at a bed and breakfast, you are dealing with the person who owns the business and has a vested interest in making your experience a memorable one. Innkeepers often act as the receptionist, the chef, the concierge, the cleaning service and the bell hop all rolled into one. Not only that, but their local knowledge is incomparable.
- The amenities are as good as, if not better than, traditional hotels. Many Bed and Breakfasts offer complimentary ‘extras’ that traditional hotels do not, such as personal boats and kayaks to use, games to play, and so on.
- You’ll travel off the beaten path. Hotels are generally located for convenience, just off major highways and interstates. Bed and Breakfasts, however, offer you the perfect opportunity to get off the beaten path, and to see less traveled parts of the community that you would otherwise miss.
- Bed and Breakfasts are also perfect for staycations! Sometimes you just need a night away from the daily grind of life. If you do not have the budget or time to travel, a local Inn is a great alternative. You get a romantic evening away, individualized attention, maybe a little pampering, and hopefully insight into your local community.
- You are supporting a small business, which we all know is crucial when it comes to maintaining any community’s individual character. These small business owners spend their days and nights providing service to their customers, and the best reward for their blood, sweat and tears is when you select their property for your stay.
How Do You Find the Best Lodging Deals?
There are so many travel websites out there, that it can sometimes be hard to find a lodging property that fits your needs and to be sure you’re getting the best price available. Many of these travel aggregators list rooms at the “lowest” or “best” rate. But do you ever ask yourself how it is that that’s possible? Usually, third party agreements require commission fees and strict rules, and sometimes they are a stripped down version of what you could otherwise enjoy at a given property. Given all of the rules around these rates, those prices and deals can be deceptive. There is one simple way to know you’re getting the best deal possible, and that is to visit the website of the Bed and Breakfast you’re interested in directly. If you don’t yet know of a specific Bed and Breakfast to look for, the best place to start narrowing down properties is by using state association websites, such as the Bed and Breakfasts of Kentucky website. We offer a convenient search tool that will help you find the perfect Bed and Breakfast.
When you book directly with a property, you can be assured that not only are you getting a great deal, but you’re getting all of the amenities they offer, and you will know all of the information you need about the lodging up front. Additionally, most bookings through a third party cannot be cancelled for any reason. While we hope you don’t cancel your room, booking directly with a Bed and Breakfast often allows for increased flexibility and understanding when these circumstances do arise.
Finally, there are often specials and packages available when booking directly with a Bed and Breakfast that you wouldn’t be able to find anywhere else. If you ever have questions throughout the process, answers are a simple phone call away. Owners and Innkeepers love to talk to prospective guests, and they can give you an incredible amount of information over the phone that might just result in a better deal or information that would have been hard to find otherwise.
We hope the next time you come to Kentucky, you’ll consider all of these things, and will book a lodging property from our list of members. If there’s one thing Kentucky does better than everywhere else, it’s hospitality. We look forward to sharing that with you!