Home > Innkeepers Section > Aspiring Innkeepers
- Press Releases
- Annual Conferences
- Aspiring Innkeepers
- Join BBAK
- Green Lodging
- Inns for Sale
- BBAK Classifieds
- Associate Members
We invite you to consider membership in BBAK...
BBAK Mission Statement:
BBAK is a non-profit, statewide organization that is member driven organization dedicated to the advancement of the Bed & Breakfast Industry.
"We are an Association of Professional Kentucky Innkeepers, comprised of nearly 100 inspected Bed & Breakfast Homes and Inns, Boutique Hotels, Cottages, Country Inns, and Farm Stays. Only properties that are Inspected and Approved and agree to uphold Quality Standards can earn distinction of membership. Members therefore represent the very best in personalized, quality accommodations in the Commonwealth of Kentucky."
What Is BBAK?
· Our highly esteemed family of nearly 100 Bed & Breakfast Inns is popular with discerning travelers who are looking for a very personal and unique hospitality experience.
· Our member inns enjoy a wealth of benefits though their association with BBAK.
· Our criteria and quality standards for membership set the stage for our unparalleled level of Quality Accommodations and Guest Satisfaction.
· BBAK Leadership is based on the following:
o Guided and supported by individual innkeepers - regular members of BBAK
o Communications through Regional Representatives as well as implementation of new programs
o Governed by a Volunteer Board of Directors
Membership Criteria for Inn Members:
· Breakfast is included in the price of the room
· Provide evidence of business license/use permit/occupancy permit, liability insurance, and payment of State Sales Tax, Applicable Local Taxes, and Transient Room Tax
· Provide high standards of housekeeping
· Be well maintained (interior and exterior)
· Meet all requirements for guest safety and comfort
· Distribute the BBAK Member Directory/Frequent Stay Program to departing guests
· Display the BBAK logo on the property's website and related marketing material
· Annually Maintain the BBAK Quality Standards Guidelines
· Listing in a full-color Bed & Breakfast Inns of Kentucky Member Directory
· Listing on the BBAK Website AND Exposure via Mobile Site: www.kentuckybb.com
· Listing on the BBAK iphone App
· Receive timely email broadcasts with Helpful Tips & Information
· Social Media Exposure: BBAK's Blog, Facebook, and Twitter
· Exposure Opportunities in BBAK's Quarterly Press Releases
· Exposure to Frequent B&B Travelers: Quarterly E-Newsletter
· Advertising Discount in Kentucky Travel Guide (Print & Online)
· Business Referrals from Fellow Members
· Industry Representation with the Department of Tourism
· Industry Representation with the State Legislature of Kentucky
· Industry Representation with the KY Travel Industry Association
· Industry Representation with the KY Hotel & Lodging Association
· Industry Representation with KY Dept of Agriculture (Farm Stays)
· Discount on conference registration and annual meeting
· Inclusion in BBAK’s Gift Certificate AND Frequent Stay Programs
· Opportunity for cost-share marketing advertising opportunities
· Member services discounts on a variety of products
· Information on vendors such as credit card processors, insurance, etc.
· Opportunity to participate in Reciprocal Lodging with other Member Inns
· Mentorship of all new members & Lasting Friendships with Fellow Innkeepers
· Regional Socials with opportunities for small group discussions and networking
· Dual Membership in PAII (Professional Association of Innkeeper’s International)
· Educational & Professional Growth Opportunities
· Leadership Opportunities to help support & advance the organization
· And above all, the knowledge that all members are inspected and approved by a professional organization with high quality standards.
These are the current forms a new BBAK Member will need to complete and return to the Membership Chairman listed on the form.
- BBAK Membership Application
- Quality Standards Evaluation Form
- BBAK Bylaws
- BBAK Leadership Team - Contacts
To open a .pdf file, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
If you do not, you may click here to download it for free.